Get involved—for your students, for our community
A few ways to support Cottage Street School are listed below. Participation can be as much or as little time as you are able to give.
- Join one of the many active PTO Committees serving our school population. Email us if you are interested in joining one of our committees.
- Become a Room Parent.
- Volunteer in a classroom (some teachers request classroom helpers).
- Teach a course or assist with the annual elective program.
- Help with Fun Fair or Family Night set-up, sign-in or clean-up.
All volunteers are greatly appreciated by the children, families and staff of the school! It’s a great way to get to know the many families at Cottage.
A letter from the PTO Executive Committee
Dear Cottage Cougar Families,
Welcome to the new school year 2021-22. We understand that these times are very trying for our community in so many respects. Teachers are under tremendous pressure and could benefit from our appreciation and confidence in them.
To that extent, the PTO Executive Board met and has these goals for the upcoming year:
- Promote diversity, inclusion, and kindness by working with Mr. Madden and the Cottage Diversity Committee to create educational opportunities, both inside and outside of the classroom, for the children and parents.
- Continue to support school safety with PPE and supplies that are needed to mitigate the spread of COVID-19, as well as to make sure the teachers have everything the need to deliver both hybrid and remote instruction to the children safely and effectively.
- Find creative ways to fundraise to continue school programming, stipends for teachers, and to purchase new items such as an external drop box and audio equipment for teachers.
We cannot do this without you. We need your energy and ideas! Please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Also make sure to visit our website at https://cottagepto.org/ and like our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/CottageStreetSchoolPto
With Warm Regards,
James, Kianna, Kim, and Bethanne
PTO Executive Board