Get involved—for your students, for our community
A few ways to support Cottage Street School are listed below. Participation can be as much or as little time as you are able to give.
- Join one of the many active PTO Committees serving our school population. Committee-Request-Form.
- Become a Room Parent. Room-Parent-Volunteer-Request-Form.
- Volunteer in a classroom (some teachers request classroom helpers).
- Teach a course or assist with the annual elective program.
- Help with Fun Fair or Family Night set-up, sign-in or clean-up.
All volunteers are greatly appreciated by the children, families and staff of the school! It’s a great way to get to know the many families at Cottage.
A letter from the PTO Executive Committee
Dear Cottage Cougar Families,
The Cottage Street School Parent Teacher Organization (CSS PTO) has many exciting events and activities planned for this year, and these things can happen only with the help of our parent volunteers. We encourage you to become involved! It is a wonderful opportunity to create lasting friendships, while enriching our children’s daily activities.
Why Donate or Volunteer?
Your donations and volunteer efforts benefit the entire CSS Community. Here are some examples of how past donations and volunteer efforts have benefited the CSS community and how this year’s efforts will, too! The CSS PTO:
- Purchased new technology (ipads, projectors, and educational apps) and new sound/projection systems
- Purchased new bike racks to encourage kids to ride their bikes to school
- Purchased new Water Fountain that encourages green bottle use
- Installed weather station on roof of school, allowing students ability to track and report the weather to local news outlets
- Upgrades to the playground
- Expanded our drama program with financial support to Broadway Cougars
- Enhanced the library and literacy efforts with over $3000 in new books
- Brings in programs from groups such as the Museum of Science and the New England Aquarium to enhance the classroom curriculum
- Provides a teacher reimbursement program to help teachers make special purchases that enrich their classrooms
- Organizes a monthly community service project that all classes participate in, to provide lunches for Mainspring House, a local shelter
- Runs family fun nights and game nights, which helps to bring our community together and is a great way to meet your child’s classmates and their families.
PTO Meetings Schedule
Childcare is provided, free of charge.
First Thursday of each month (Note: the first meeting is on the second Thursday of September)
Time: 7pm (they usually run one hour or less)
Location: CSS Library
PTO Meeting Dates for 2018-2019:
9/6, 10/4, 11/8, 12/6, 1/10, 2/7, 3/7, 4/4, 5/2, 6/6
We look forward to working with you all,
Emily, Colleen, Aparna & Ann